Friday, September 18, 2015

Top Ten Book Blog

1. The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner

     The Maze Runner series is my all time favorite books.  I first read it when I found out one of my favorite actors was going to be in the movie, Dylan O'Brien was going to star in the movie.  So I decided to read the book before the movie came out.  The series is just very well written and shows you how much your decisions will impact your life, and that not to take things granted.   And I'm so ready for the second prequel to come out in 2016.

2.  Eye of Minds by James Dashner

     Eye of Minds is a complex book that deals with a lot of technology and coding.  In the story you read about how Michael and his friends, Sarah and Bryson, go on an intense journey to stop Kaine and protect the VirtNet.

3.  Stung Series by Bethany Wiggins

      The Stung Series are very addictive book.  The story was kind of fast paced, and kept you entertained.  The story has some action and romance.  It was amazing to read how Fiona would live in a world where everyone was a potential danger.

4. The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins

     The Hunger Games Series is defiantly an eye opener.  In the books you read through Katniss's point of view and see what her perspective is of everything, especially how it is to be the face of the rebellion.

5. Divergent Series by Veronica Roth

     I found the Divergent series a little bit too easy to read, but the plot was really interesting.  It is very similar to The Giver, but it has it's own unique twist.

6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

     The movie trailer for The Fault in Our Stars first caught my attention.  Before watching the movie I wanted to read the book though.  And so I read about Hazel's and Gus's strong comedic relationship, and how they face their struggles together.

7. Paper Towns by John Green

     I also read Paper Towns because I wanted to read it before the movie came out.  It has a really nice plot, in which Quentin has a huge crush for Margo and would do anything to catch her attention.  Even going on a  nerve-wracking journey to find her when she goes missing.

8. A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz

      What caught my eye for A Tale Dark in Grimm was the fact that they were the original Grimm stories.  There's nothing sugarcoated about it.  This story happens to be about the real story of Hansel and Gretel.

9. In a Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz

     In a Glass Grimmly follows the same idea of A Tale Dark and Grimm, but the author (Adam Gidwitz) thinks its far more worse.  This book is actually the story of Jack and Jill.

10. Life as We Knew It
by Susan Beth Pheffer

     Life as We Knew It was actually recommended to me by the librarian.  At first I didn't want to read it because it was written in a diary structure but then I still decided to read it.  It was actually very interesting to read about how Miranda and her family try to survive the crisis the moon had caused.

I commented on:

Sofia A.'s Blog
Sam M.'s Blog
Amelia P.'s Blog

10 comments:

  1. Your choice in books makes me think you'd like the book "The Witches Boy" from the library at school. I'll make sure to check out A Tale Dark and Grimm. A twisted fairy tale is just what I need. Do you have any no-fiction book you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to check that book out! I don't really read non-fiction. I prefer fiction, and probably wouldn't read non-fiction in my free time.

      Delete
  2. I really liked you blog, some of the books I had never heard of but I will look into. For some of you books I liked how you explained your opinion on the plot and structure. I can see that you like futuristic books, I do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try some of the books out, I mostly like survival and futuristic kind of books. Thank You!

      Delete
  3. I really like the Maze Runner and the Grimm fairytale books too, I've read all of the Grimm ones but I'm still reading the Maze Runner books. The Eye of minds sounds like a cool book from your description, I think I might try to read that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maze Runner Series is amazing! The Eye of Minds is also a great book written by the same author. You should defiantly read it.

      Delete
  4. When I was reading your blog, I thought of your second choice, the Eye of Minds. It seems like a science fiction book, I that is one of the genres that I like to read. I will look into that book when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a science fiction book, and I strongly recommend it.

      Delete
  5. When I was reading your blog, I started to wonder what a Kaine and VritNet is in the Wyes of Mind book. It would be really helpful, if you could explain what those are. I also think that I might start reading the Stung Series, you made it sound really interesting, Your blog was really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the story Kaine and the Virtnet is explained very detailed, and is complicated. I probably won't change that in my blog post because it would confuse people, but it does explain in the story. The Stung Series is two amazing books and would be perfect for you!

      Delete